Skilled and effective mediators are objective, independent and listens to the point of view of each party. The parties ultimately remain in control of their outcome. The mediator guides the discussion and assists in finding workable solutions for the parties to consider. As your mediator, Elizabeth Dodd works to create an environment that is conducive to effective honest communication and to convey each parties’ views in a way that they will be heard and considered. She works to create opportunities for the parties to look at various options for them to be able to make a final, well considered decision. The accessible and confidential nature of mediation also ensures parties avoid excessive costs, stress and adverse publicity generated in the public court system. The parties are able to get closure and, most importantly, certainty as to the outcome.
Dodd & Dodd Attorneys (1998 – Present), Louisville, Kentucky
Attorney at Law
- Admitted Kentucky 1998, Admitted Indiana 1999, Trained in Mediation 2013
- Employment Law: Negotiating of contracts, unemployment hearings, discrimination, wrongful termination and sexual harassment litigation
- Business Structuring: Formation of corporations, family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, drafting of organizational minutes and business filings
- Contracts: Prepared, drafted and edited various contracts and participated in mediation, arbitration and other negotiations and litigation surrounding contractual relationships
- Estate Planning: Drafting of wills and trusts, will contest litigation
- Family Law: Adoptions, divorce, custody litigation and dependency court GAL
Description of Practice
Elizabeth Dodd has been successfully practicing and mediating divorce
and family law
issues in the Louisville area for many years. This extensive experience provides the legal and practical foundation to assist husbands and wives to arrive at agreements which enable them to chart the course of their future. Finding mutually acceptable resolution to support, property and custodial issues eases the emotional and financial burden of completing the divorce process.